How to Apply for an Account:
Please review the notes below, then CLICK HERE to apply for an account.
- Since this is a ‘members only’ wholesale website, once you apply for an account, we will have to ‘approve’ it before you can order or see pricing – this prevents the retail public or non-members from being able to order or see your wholesale pricing.
- Accounts will normally be reviewed within 24 hours. If there is a delay, or you want to place an order immediately, just give us a call at 800-678-6505 ext 1 Customer Service
- IMPORTANT: Be sure to include your State Sales Tax or Business License number, or we may be required to charge you sales tax.
How to Place an Order:
Method 1 – if you ALREADY KNOW your part number:
- On the top right, enter your part number into the ‘Enter Part Number‘ field…
- (NOTE: enter Letters and Numbers ONLY – no special characters such as – / ? etc)
- …then select the correct part from the drop down suggestions,
- …or click ‘Go‘ and select the correct part from the results.
- You may click ‘Add to Cart‘ or click the picture for more information, then click ‘Add to Cart‘.
Method 2 – if you DO NOT KNOW your part number:
- On the top left click ‘Look Up Part #‘
- Then find the appropriate Vendor and note the location of their search tool…
- …then click the Vendor link.
- After finding the correct part number on the Vendor’s search tool, enter it in the ‘Search Part Number‘ field on ‘Shop RI’ as described in ‘Method 1’.
Note: we use the Vendors’ search tool for 2 reasons:
- To keep your cost low: ‘Year, Make, Model Search’ tools are expensive to develop and maintain, which ends up costing you money!
- To ensure better accuracy: Simply put, the Vendor is more familiar with his products than anyone, and his search tool will always be the most accurate and up-to-date available.
I received ‘UNKNOWN PART NUMBER’:
If our system does not recognize the part number you entered, remember to enter ‘Numbers and Letters’ only – no special characters.
If it still does not recognize your part numbers, the ‘Unknown Part Number’ screen will display within a couple seconds. Simply enter your part number and click ‘Add to Cart’. While in the cart, if you choose you can enter what you expect the part to cost (this helps us research your part, but is not mandatory). We will research the part number and either order it, or contact you.
See further details in the ‘Description’ section of the ‘Unknown Part Number’ screen.
We only want you to pay what shipping ACTUALLY COSTS, not some inflated ‘best guess’ of what it might cost. Therefore, this is how we handle shipping:
Who ships my order? We do not ship your items – our vendors do. (If we did ship them, calculating your shipping cost would be so easy.)
Where does my order ship from? Where the vendor(s) ship from on any given day depends on many factors, such as daily stock levels, size of order, distance to your location, ability to ‘bundle’ multiple items, and other factors.
What is my shipping cost? Since the vendors calculate the shipping, we have to wait until they ship your order to know the actual cost. And since the vendor(s) may ship from different warehouses as noted above, and since there may be multiple vendors on any order, and since any order may contain small lightweight items or big heavy truck accessories, IT JUST BECOMES IMPOSSIBLE TO ACCURATELY CALCULATE YOUR SHIPPING COST IN ADVANCE.
Will you just add shipping after the order is shipped? We wish we could – that would be simple. But CREDIT CARD REGULATIONS will not allow us to add any costs to your order after it is submitted (including shipping) without contacting you first, which would needlessly delay your shipment. So here is what we do:
1. Regardless of the size of the order, when you place your order our system will automatically add a ‘Standard Shipping Authorization’ of $100. This is NOT what you will end up paying – it is merely what is ‘Authorized’ (placed on ‘hold’) on your credit card when the order is placed.
(This is the same as a gas pump does when you put your card in – since it does not know how much gas you will pump, it PRE-AUTHORIZED $75-$100, then CHARGES you for what you actually pump. Hotels and car rental agencies also do this, ‘authorizing’ your card for a ‘security deposit’ of $200-300 when you check in, even if your room is already paid for.)
2. When the vendor(s) ship your order, they will send us an invoice with the actual shipping cost. We will then simply reduce your ‘Standard Shipping Authorization’ to your ‘Actual Shipping Cost’, and process your credit card for the order. So your $100 ground authorization will become $15, $25, $35, or whatever the ‘actual shipping cost’ is.
(Remember, credit card processors will not allow us to ‘add’ cost to your order after it is placed, but they do allow us to ‘reduce’ the cost.)
When will I know my actual shipping costs? After the order ships and we process your card for the adjusted amount, we will send you an updated invoice showing the cost of all the ‘Items Ordered’, the ‘Actual Shipping Cost’, and the ‘Total’. This is also the amount that will show up on your credit card statement.
A Couple Special Cases:
- Large orders or large items: If you place a large order, or order some very large or heavy items, the ‘Standard Shipping Authorization’ may not completely cover shipping costs. In this event, if we anticipate shipping will be MORE THAN the $100 ‘Standard Shipping Authorization’, we will contact you before proceeding with the order.
- Vendor Specific ‘Free Freight’ or ‘Free Shipping’ Policies: if a particular vendor has a ‘Free Freight’ or similar policy on qualifying orders or products, the system will still automatically add the $100 ‘Standard Shipping Authorization’ as noted above. And as above, after the product ships, we will simply adjust your shipping cost, applying the appropriate vendor specific policy.
Why do we do it this way?
Primarily, this is the best way to make sure you pay ONLY the ‘Actual Shipping Cost‘, not some inflated ‘best guess’ estimate.
We appreciate you understanding why we do shipping this way. It truly is the simplest way to be FAIR TO YOU and FAIR TO US – you only pay the actual shipping cost!