Alternative Ways to Provide Benefits With Paint Protection Film
5 AREAS OF A VEHICLE THAT WILL BENEFIT FROM PPF:
- Rocker panels take as much abuse from flying road debris as a vehicle’s front end.
- Apply a piece from a PPF roll just above the bottom edge of the doors in the space between the wheel wells. Trim and wrap around door edges and wheel openings.
- Protect behind the rear wheels by tracing a pattern on some masking and apply to the top of a piece of PPF. Trim to create a custom fit and apply.
Top of Rear Bumper
- Apply a piece of roll masking across the top of the rear bumper. Wrap masking just over the edge of the bumper.
- Use a pencil to carefully draw a pattern around the area of the top of the bumper you want to protect.
- Apply masking to the top of a piece of the PPF. Trim and install PPF.
- Measure the width and length of each door sill.
- Trim door sill panels based on those measurements.
- Apply PPF to door sills to maintain their “like new” appearance at a fraction of the cost of OEM sill plates.
- Measure the width and length of each door edge.
- Use 8375-00 DuraShield Door Edge Guard roll. Trim door edge strips to length. You can also trim 1/2″ wide X 30″ strips from a roll of PPF.
- Apply PPF to door edges. Try to maintain a consistent 1/8″ width along the outside of the door edge. Trim away any excess material from the inside edge of the door to prevent lifting.
CLICK HERE to download the tips above including pictures.
CLICK HERE for special RI pricing and contact info for Sharpline